Sailor’s Snug Harbor Cemetery

The entrance is marked with a large slate headstone with an incised anchor and inscription: “Here rest retired mariners who in their later years made their home at the Sailor’s Snug Harbor which from 1856-1950 was situated southerly from here one third of a mile.” It is fitting the cemetery faces the sea that these men had served so well. The stones are all simply shaped white marble with the merchant mariner’s name and age; no birth or death dates are stated.

333 Palmer Street
Quincy, MA 02169
Posted In: Attractions