Quincy’s largest and most utilized park, it is home to the following facilities: Adams Walk: Dedicated June 13, 2009, World War II Memorial, Adams Presidential Tablet, Charles Francis Adams gift monument, fountain and benches Veterans’ Memorial Stadium: Synthetic field turf hosting football, soccer and lacrosse Varsity Soccer Field: soccer field Adams Field: finest amateur baseball field in New England Coletta Field: regulation baseball field Mitchell / McCoy Field: girls’ and women’s-only softball facility Collins Rest-a-While: children’s playground Fenno Street Courts: two basketball and two tennis courts with lights Ruth Gordon Amphitheater: City’s only outdoor amphitheater Pageant Field: two little league field and picnic facility Ryan Boathouse: City’s only boating and sailing facility named for William F. Ryan, the city’s first Recreation Director, who served from 1955-1975. Richard J. Koch Park & Rec Complex: Home of the Park and Recreation Departments. Merrymount Park is 80 acres in size. It was donated to the City of Quincy in 1885 by Charles Francis Adams II, grandson of President John Quincy Adams. Adams procured his good friend Frederick Law Olmsted to help develop the park, but the town did not have the money for Olmsted to develop a full plan. In addition to the recreation facilities, the park possesses wooded uplands and acres of salt marsh. Directly adjacent to Merrymount Park is Grossman Park, a 50-acre preserve of wetlands and upland area. The park was given to the City by the Grossman family in the 1960’s.