Faxon Park, South Quincy

Originally the Town’s South Commons, the land was sold off to private owners in 1818, including a large portion purchased by Job Faxon and he passed the land along to his son Henry H. Faxon. In 1885, Henry Faxon bequeathed 37 acres of land to the City. In 1935, his son Henry M. Faxon added to his father’s gift and donated 20 acres to the park, bringing it to its current size with children’s playground equipment, a basketball court, two little league baseball fields, a lighted softball field, and picnic area with pavilion and many walking paths.

00 Faxon Park Road
Quincy, MA 02169
Phone: 617-376-1253