On June 17, 1775, Abigail Adams and her seven year old son John Quincy walked the short distance from their farm to the top of Penn’s Hill, where they observed the smoke and fire of the Battle of Bunker Hill. The cairn, an ancient form of commemoration, was erected by the Daughters of the Revolution in 1896. The cairn’s stones came from private properties and historic sites. During historic preservation work in 2008, a time capsule was discovered. Open daily dawn to dusk. Please respect the cairn is situated in a residential neighborhood.