Free Outdoor Movies on summer Mondays at Hancock Adams Common
The City of Quincy and Discover Quincy are sponsoring a free, family friendly outdoor movie series on the Hancock Adams Common, on Mondays in conjunction with the 50 Days of Freedom Program Series. Movies begin at dusk, approximately 8:15 p.m. and are held weather permitting. BYOC = Bring your own blanket and chair. Free parking at the Coddington Building, 34 Coddington Street, Quincy Center.
- June 17 ~ Goonies - Come watch this 80's classic! When Mikey, stumbles upon a mysterious map to a treasure of a famed pirate "One-Eyed" Willie, The Goonies embark on an adventure to find the treasure and save their neighborhood while staying one step head of the Fratellis while avoiding a system of traps.
- June 24 ~ Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse - Miles Morales is a New York teen struggling with school, friends and, on top of that, being the new Spider-Man. When he comes across Peter Parker, the erstwhile saviour of New York, in the multiverse, Miles must train to become the new protector of his city.
- July 1 ~ American Experience: John and Abigail Adams, The Original Power Couple - John Adams was brilliant, argumentative, sometimes irascible. Abigail Adams was a savvy observer of the tumultuous political scene, not afraid to speak her mind in an age when women were excluded from politics. Together they forged one of the greatest partnerships in American history.
- July 8 ~ Mary Poppins Returns - Decades after her original visit, the magical nanny returns to help the Banks siblings and Michael's children through a difficult time in their lives. Through her unique magical skills, and with the aid of her friend Jack, she helps the family rediscover the joy and wonder missing in their lives.
- July 15 ~ Grease: Sing a Long - A musical about teens in love in the 50's! It's California 1959 and greaser Danny Zuko and Australian Sandy Olsson are in love. They spend time at the beach, and when they go back to school, what neither of them knows is that they both now attend Rydell High. Have you ever been to a film musical and had the uncontrollable urge to burst into song? ... Then just sit back and watch Danny & Sandy and the gang, while singing (and dancing) along to the lyrics on the screen.
- July 22 ~ How To Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World - As Hiccup fulfills his dream of creating a peaceful dragon utopia, Toothless' discovery of an untamed, elusive mate draws the Night Fury away. When danger mounts at home and Hiccup's reign as village chief is tested, both dragon and rider must make impossible decisions to save their kind.
- July 29 ~ Ralph Breaks The Internet - Taking place six years after saving the arcade from Turbo's vengeance, the Sugar Rush arcade cabinet has broken, forcing Ralph and Vanellope to travel to the Internet via the newly-installed Wi-Fi router in Litwak's Arcade to retrieve the piece capable of saving the game.