Thomas Crane Public Library
Built in 1881 by noted architect Henry Hobson Richardson, who also designed Boston’s famed Trinity Church, the Thomas Crane Public Library’s original building is a masterpiece of 19th century Romanesque architecture. Its ornate woodwork and LaFarge stained glass windows are truly works of art. Since the library opened in 1882, several additions have been constructed, including a multi-million dollar addition in 2001 that combines the architectural spirit of the original Richardson building with the technological capabilities of a 21st century library. The main facility of Quincy’s Public Library system, there are branch locations in the Adams Shore, North Quincy and Wollaston neighborhoods. A member of the Old Colony Library Network which allows card holders to borrow materials from many other participating libraries.